Camp is almost in session! This page features resources to help you prepare for camp and know what to expect during camp.
Staying in touch
Letters, packages, and emails are permitted during camp if you follow the following guidlines:
- send cheerful letters, postcards, or emails to let your child know your thinking about them
- send packages with fun supplies (like baseball caps, nail polish, sunglasses, a book, cards, or other gifts that are fun but not too valuable)
- write as many letters as you’d like!
- send food, snacks, or beverages
- relay sad or dsturbing news via letter or email – please call the office and speack to the Camp Director with such news.
- be surprised if your child sends short letters in response – it does not mean your child does not have a lot to say, it just means that he/she is too busy to say it!
Camp Contact Information
Sherwood Forest Camp
PO Box 210
Lesterville, MO 63654
*Always include your child’s name when you address your letters or packages or in the subject of your email!
Homesickness is a fact of life. It is human nature to pine for what is known and comfortable. And a stay at summer camp — even for a seasoned camper — can generate pangs of longing for the comforts of home: the family pet, mom, dad, even a sibling that isn’t favored...