Sherwood Forest is committed to providing information about our community’s response to COVID-19 and the resources available to our campers and friends. This is by no means an exhaustive list of the resources available in the community, but has been curated from several sources shared with us. Local school districts and community centers are another great resource for accessing services and support within your neighborhood.
- United Way of Greater St. Louis: http://www.211helps.org/covid-19-where-to-turn/
- Start Here STL: https://www.startherestl.org/covid-19-local.html
- Deaconess Foundation’s Youtube channel streams their meetings
- St. Louis Housing Authority: Resident Resources
- A Kid’s Guide to Coronavirus
- St. Louis County Cares: https://stlcorona.com/
- Note about completing the census – To complete it: https://2020census.gov/en.html ; Why the information matters: https://mffh.org/our-focus/census-2020/
- St. Louis City’s Hotline Number for the Health Department: 314-657-1499 and their Website: http://www.stlouis-mo.gov/covid-19
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services COVID Line: 877-435-8411
- Using and making Face Masks
- All Our Kids: https://sites.google.com/rsdmo.org/allourkids/home
- St. Louis Public Schools: https://www.slps.org/meals – list of sites providing seven days’ worth of meals and North Sarah Food Hub located at 1038 N Sarah St. Louis, MO 63113 invites you to take part in our Thursday opportunity! As part of our collaboration in the mobile markets program we have begun curbside pickup for fresh produce boxes EVERY Thursday between 1pm – 5pm until supplies are gone.
- St. Louis Area Foodbank: https://stlfoodbank.org/covid19/
- SLPS: 314-345-6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Networkhas resources for helping children and families cope with social distancing and to prevent panic. NCTSN’s parent/caregiver guide to help families cope with COVID-19 is available here.
- Center for Behavioral Health – Offering mental health services. 314-516-4357
- Ameren Missouri has partnered with UW to create the Coronavirus Income Relief Program.
- BJC is providing these Resources for Financial Assistance.
Legal Services and Policy
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri is available to assist with civil legal assistance. Their intake department is available from 8:30am to 5pm, M-F, at 314-534-4200 or toll-free, 800-444-0514. An online application is also available 24/7: lsem.org/get-help-now.
- St. Louis COVID-19 Advocacy: https://www.stlcovidhub.org/
- Missouri Charter School Association: #TheBrightSide Resources and Activities
- Rockwood School District: https://www.rsdmo.org/news/Pages/COVID-19-School-Closure-Information.aspx
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education: https://dese.mo.gov/communications/coronavirus-covid-19-information
Academic and Enrichment
- Gene Slays’ Boys and Girls Club: COVID-19 Resources
- Stray Rescue is opening its doors as a pet food pantry, providing a bag of pet food for anyone in need.