Sherwood Forest’s Board of Directors set the Strategic Direction of our organization and do so every few years by writing our Strategic Plan. This planning helps Sherwood Forest to fulfill its mission of transforming the lives of children in need through powerful programs that allow them to discover their self-worth, realize their potential, and become productive citizens. To be good stewards of the trust instilled in us to support our community, the Board of Directors has initiated a Strategic Planning Task Force to begin the work that will provide a common direction and focus over the next several years so that we, as an organization, can achieve success in our vision and belief that education and opportunity are rights fundamental to all children.
The Strategic Planning Task Force has been working this year to design the overall approach and timeline for the 2020 Strategic Planning process. In addition, they have developed a survey that was sent to several stakeholders in June to learn more about the current state of Sherwood Forest and have since analyzed the results. The members of the task force have researched other non-profits and camps to compare performance. Finally, they have planned and prepared for brainstorming session for each of the primary ares of focus: programs, facilities, administration and governance, and resource development.
Your Help Is Needed!
- Join our first Discussion Session focusing on our Supports for Success and Outdoor Education programs on August 15, 2020 at 9:00am via Zoom.
- Submit your suggestions and comments about our future on our IdeaBoardz page. Comments are anonymous, but will help us as we continue our planning this year.
- Save the Date for our future Discussion Sessions:
- Quest Program – August 29, 2020
- Facilities – September 12, 2020
- Administration and Board Governance – October 10, 2020
- Resource Development – December 5, 2020
You may submit responses or learn more about the Strategic Planning process by emailing Megan Waite, Sherwood Forest’s Board of Directors Vice-Chair and Strategic Planning Task Force Co-Chair at email@example.com or to call our office at (314) 644-3322.